- Hamilton, New Zealand
- Domestic fees
- Intenational fees
Supervise offshore air diving
The purpose of this training scheme is to build on offshore diving certification through training and assessment of the theory, background knowledge and practical skills for safe and competent on-site offshore dive supervision and management, paying specific attention to occupational health and safety law, hazard ID and risk assessment and management of dive emergencies relevant to the offshore environment. The course includes assessment of the planning and supervision of actual or simulated dives and communication with actual dive teams. The course lays the ground work for students to commence the requisite offshore industry experience under the close supervision of an appropriately qualified supervisor.
Program number 121521
ADAS Trainee Offshore Air Supervisor
Total credits 10
Total learning hours 100
Entry to the training scheme requires evidence of
- Either a current ADAS Occupational Deep SSBA Diver certificate or an approved equivalent with 100 logged offshore SSBA dives (40 of which may be onshore Deep SSBA dives if undertaken to offshore conditions)
- ADAS Occupational Deep SSBA Supervisor
- A valid certificate of medical fitness to dive issued, after examination, by a doctor trained and experienced in underwater medicine that remains valid until the scheduled completion of the training. If medically unfit to dive the student may undertake the course within 3 years of their last dive.
- Either a recognised current Diver Medic Technician certificate, or a current First Aid certificate from an ADAS accredited training organisation, or a recognised equivalent, certified within 3 years of the scheduled training completion and with CPR and oxygen resuscitation skills that have been refreshed within 12 months of the scheduled training completion
- Understand written and verbal communications in English and communicate effectively in English with other persons (this requirement will be evidenced by successful completion of the ADAS LLN test required for Part 1 and 2 entry, or alternative for entry to an approved equivalent)
- Demonstrate sufficient maturity, leadership, management skills and the ability to provide support to other groups of workers.
TBC- contact us for more infomation